“Every email sent is taking up precious inbox real estate. You can either be seen as a nuisance or a timely message. How do you want your customers to see you?”
Your Quiz Results
Meet the troublemakers responsible for your email headache:
Too Many To-Dos
You’ve got 99 problems, and finding the time to regularly email your customers is definitely one of them.
In your eCommerce business, this migraine-inducing problem shows up in 2 ways.
- Emails that needed to be sent yesterday get relegated to your to-do list for tomorrow. (Or the next day or perhaps another day or maybe never?)
- Emails get so haphazardly put together—without any focus on conversions—that you might as well not have sent anything at all.
The reactions from your subscribers range from “Who dis?” to “Hard pass!”
And you’re like, “I wonder if it’s time to switch to SMS and be done with it.”
Why your emails are leaking 💰💰💰 and customers (and giving you a massive headache)
On the one hand…
- The #1 reason people unsubscribe from emails is because the sender emails too often.
- 45.8% of people mark emails as spam when brands send out campaigns too often.
- 43.9% suggested sending less frequent emails for companies to improve their email efforts. (Source: Campaign Monitor)
On the other hand…
59% of consumers said that marketing emails influence their purchase decisions, while just over 50% buy from marketing emails at least once a month. (Source: SaleCycle)
That means the problem isn’t sending too many emails. The problem is sending the WRONG message to the WRONG person at the WRONG time.
The following leaks are also costing you money and customers. Plug ’em quick!
📉 Infrequent sending results in loss of sales
Don’t let the fear of emailing too often keep you from emailing regularly. And if you haven’t been emailing at all… now’s the time to start!
Remember, your subscribers and customers signed up because they want to hear from you. And also, promotional emails aren’t the only ones you should be sending to your customers. But you knew that, right?
🧠 Infrequent sending doesn’t keep you top of mind
Once your subscribers (finally) hear from you after long periods of *crickets*, there’s a chance they’ve already forgotten they even signed up—and click unsubscribe or mark you as spam.
Case in point: 36% say they mark emails as spam because they never purposefully subscribed to the email list. 33% unsubscribe because they didn’t recall signing up. (Source: Campaign Monitor)
This is important enough to say it again: your subscribers want to hear from you.
So send them those emails!
But here's why you're already ahead of your competition...
The fact that you took the time to discover what’s stunting your email revenue (and giving you that splitting headache) means you’re ready to do this right.
The good news.
78% of marketers have seen an increase in email engagement over the last 12 months. (Source: HubSpot)
Most businesses see this as an opportunity and send their customers 3-5 emails per week.
But you’re smarter than simply mimicking what the others are doing.
You know there’s no hard-and-fast rule on how frequently you should email your subscribers. It’s all about knowing thy audience and always be testing, amirite?
Hellooo, I'm Samar.
(pronounced “Summer” – like the season)
I have a super power. I help my clients create the emails they need to send – overnight.
As an email conversion strategist and copywriter for eCommerce businesses, I’m obsessed with doing what I do best—weaving email conversion copywriting magic—so you can focus on running the businesses.
What email magic can I weave overnight?
- Study your brand voice, customer reviews, and create a 6-email promotional campaign
- Remap and copy edit an existing email sequence.
- Write your abandonement emails (cart, checkout, and browse)
And just how do I do that?
With my 48-HOUR EMAIL CONVERSION TRANSFORMATION that converts your email promotions into cold, hard cash.
Samar is a pro and a pleasure to work with. You should hire her.
The over-the-counter cure for your email headache:
Automated Email Sequences
Since you and your team have a case of “Too Many To-Dos”, what you need is email automation to take the pressure of having to create new campaigns each week.
Automated emails or email sequences are your secret weapon to consistent email revenue. Set them up once and every time someone subscribes to your newsletter or becomes a customer, they get your automated email sequences that are specifically built to:
- Increase brand awareness
- Build a relationship with your subscribers and customers
- Make sales on autopilot
The different email sequences you need to set up ASAP
(for purchasers & non-purchasers)
(to recover lost sales via cart, checkout & browse abandonment emails)
(a.k.a transactional, upsell, and cross-sell emails)
Ready to deal with your case of “Too Many To-Dos” and find out how to do automated emails right?
I’ll be diving into the nitty-gritty of ecommerce emails and sharing:
- The 4 money-making email sequences your ecommerce brand needs
- The one email mistake most ecommerce brands make in their welcome emails
- 3 Simple tweaks to boost email sales today
- How to do abandoned cart emails right
- The two-question test to figure out if your emails are on the right track
And so much more!